e hënë, 18 qershor 2007

A Day in the City

So today I had an interview- for a job I don't really want. The company is down by Wall Street (ugh) and they do background checks (ew). The people there do seem nice though. Today was the second part of my interview where I read through 70 pages of court records, articles, and other junk and wrote a summary of it. I was there for two and a half hours to do a "short writing sample."

I decided before I got on the train this morning that since that would probably bum me out terribly, I needed some inspiration. I visited the Cooper Hewitt to see their exhibition Design For The Other 90%. I was a bit disappointed to find that it was outside in the garden and it was quite small. Not worth going. Honestly the website is better than the actual exhibit. However, I got a second look at Cooper Hewitt's Design Triennial, which was excellent- again.

Then I subwayed over to the Art Director's Club where they had their 86th Annual Awards Gala. I really enjoyed it. My favorites included a book called Miscellaneous Crap. Basically this person has a box of junk, photographed it, and then categorized it all in the book. The book is dedicated to "the [however many] millions of Americans with OCD." I also enjoyed Icons for 42 Below Vodka. (shown above) They're wonderfully dirty and hilarious. Plus, I just freaking love icons.

Nuk ka komente: